quarta-feira, 4 de julho de 2012

Cause some little Big things deserve more than one post

    It was summer, soup boiling summer, Macau Museum near the Ruins of St. Paul’s, China. My sister saw a beautiful, simple ring and she had to have it.
    She asked the security man if it was for sale. It was not. Blessed internet, she found the address of the atelier where the ring was made. Next day, with only two hours till the boat to Hong Kong and a flight to Nanjing later, she arrived at a closed door of what seemed to be an abandoned shop. Back at the museum, talk to the security again.
    “I can call and ask for the new address and you can go there tomorrow.”
    “Uhm no, I can´t! Please!”
     With the whole story explained and with my sister hopelessness, he called Smith’s Creation and was told that he could sell the ring for 380 patacas, merely 40 euros... My sister and her boyfriend emptied their pockets and she left all happy with her new ring.
     This ring had an inscription that reads “Your future depends on your dreams”, and this ring was going to be The Ring, the magic wand, the Force, the king of little things and I lost it, first of January of 2012, on one of those days of a series of unfortunate events:

1. My sister forgot her ring at my friend’s clinic;
2. My friend gave it to me;
3. I put it in my backpack on my friend’s car before the new year’s eve party;
4. My friend didn’t lock the car;
5. I didn’t check it.

     When I got home I went to the trunk to get my stuff and it was empty, I was confused and drunk and it was a commercial car so I think I got all in there just to check it! I must say the next days at our house were pretty silent.
     Then a fortunate event happened, she met a jewelry maker and she had the same idea as me, “I’m going to give my sister a ring!”, she added, “and make one for myself”. Unfortunately my birthday is earlier than hers and so she beat me at that. She made one just like the one from Macau and gave me one that reads “This too shall pass” from a story that she told me when I was not in a “little thingys” mood.
    For the ring, I’m sorry. For this, that and everything else, thank you.
    And I’m so sorry but I have to add that I lost the game several times while writing this.



 I got to get a camera...


by The Jewelry Maker, Maria Ana Ricon Peres . com

Sem comentários: